The Plant Fitter will be based at our St Margaret’s workshop in the Leicester City Centre working on Medium and Large items of Plant.
The Plant Fitter will service and repair plant machinery, such as excavators, telehandlers, booms, dumper trucks, generators and concrete mixers.
As a plant fitter, your work would involve:
• Regularly inspecting engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, electrical systems and tyres.
• Identifying faults, dismantling parts and repairing or replacing faulty parts.
• Reassembling parts and testing them to make sure they are working properly and safely.
• Arranging for machinery that cannot be fixed on site to be moved to the repair workshop.
• Carrying out routine servicing of plant and equipment both on site and in the workshop.
Essential criteria for the Plant Fitter role is:
• Fixing and maintenance experience essential
• Driving license
• Good communicational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good organisational skills
• Willingness to learn
• CSCS – desirable
The hours of work are Monday – Friday 7.30am – 5.30pm with 30 minute lunch break plus occasional Saturday mornings 8.00am – 12.00pm.
If you want more information please contact us or if feel you meet the criteria above then please send in your CV using the form below.